5 Jun. - 13 Jun., 2021 ( 4 Performances )
There will be one more performance between 8 Jun. and 11 Jun.
Running time is approx. 3 hours including intervals
This is a classic ballet which takes place in the age of Crusades, and it features possibly the last great choreography by Marius Petipa, and beautiful music composed by Alexander Glazunov. At NNTT, this classic masterpiece "Raymonda" was produced anew in October 2004. Maki Asami's intricate choreography and interpretation, modern and brisk staging, and Luisa Spinatelli's effective use of colors, costumes, and devices were all well received and it won the Asahi Performing Arts Award that year. This production was also invited to Japan Festival at the Kennedy Center in February 2008.
The setting is medieval France. Raymonda, a niece of a countess, is waiting for the return of her lover Jean de Brienne, who joined the Crusade. The Saracen knight Abderkrakhman is also fascinated by the beautiful noblewoman and attempts to abduct her, dueling with Jean who has just returned home. The victorious Jean is permitted by the countess to marry Raymonda, and the two lovers are united in a grand wedding ceremony.
CREATIVE TEAM & CAST
Music by: Alexander GLAZUNOV
Choreography by: Marius PETIPA
Production by: MAKI Asami
Set and Costume Designer: Luisa SPINATELLI
Lighting Designer: SAWADA Yuji
Conductor: Alexei BAKLAN
Orchestra: Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra
Raymonda: YONEZAWA Yui
Jean de Brienne: FUKUOKA Yudai
Raymonda: ONO Ayako
Jean de Brienne: OKUMURA Kosuke
6/8-11 date TBA
Jean de Brienne: TBA
Raymonda: KIMURA Yuri
Jean de Brienne: IZAWA Shun
Jean de Brienne: TBA
- CREATIVE TEAM
Marius PETIPAProduction by
MAKI AsamiSet and Costume Designer
Luisa SPINATELLILighting Designer
*Booking Z seats (Day tickets) 1,650 yen
- You are able to purchase Z seat tickets online from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Click "BUY TICKETS" next to "Z" under each performance information.
- There is a handling charge of ¥330 (incl. tax).
- Only when seats allocated as Z seat are still available at 11:00 am, you are able to purchase these tickets at the Box Office of the theatre.
- Note that all Z seats are on a first come, first served basis and will come with restricted views.
Under 15s discounts and Z seats (Day Tickets) are available online. Other types of discount tickets are not available online. Please inquire at the Box Office or by telephone.
- No admittance to children under 4. Each child older than this age requires a ticket for entry, even when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Tickets may not be changed or refunded except in the case of a cancelled performance.
- A special discount price is available for disabled guests. Please inquire at the Box Office for details.
- Users of wheelchairs are requested to contact the Box Office.