[COVID-19] Our Prevention Plan and Request to Our Patrons
Request to our patrons
Patrons corresponding to the following conditions, please refrain from attending the performances.
・Those who have a fever of 37.5 degrees or higher.
Please take body temperature reading before your visit.
・Patrons who have seen a doctor or taken medicines because of a fever or symptoms of cold within the past 2 weeks
・Those who are unwell due to cough, breathing difficulty, general malaise, sore throat, nasal discharge/nasal congestion, poor of sense of taste/smell, eye pain or conjunctival congestion, headache, joint/muscle pain, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting
・Those who have had close contact with someone who tested positive for the COVID-19 infection
・Those who, within the last two weeks, have visited countries/regions designated by Japan's government for travel restrictions, requiring quarantine periods after return; and those having close contact with corresponding residents.
* If you choose not to attend the performance due to the above reasons or to prevent infection, please be sure to call the New National Theatre, Tokyo Box Office in advance. At that point, we will tell you the Refund method. (Tickets purchased online will automatically be refunded to your credit card.)
- Please fill in and submit the Visitor Card.
In the unlikely event of a person infected with the COVID-19 being in the audience, we will immediately notify the Public Health Centre and share the name of the patrons and their emergency contact information with the Public Health Centre. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose and will store it for 4 weeks from the performance date and then discard it using appropriate means. Please download and fill in your Visitor Card in advance and bring it to alleviate congestion. Also, patrons are kindly requested to keep their ticket stubs to keep a record of the date and time of the performance, the name of the performance, and their seats.
Visitor Card for Opera Palace & Playhouse
Visitor Card for The Pit
- Please wash your hand diligently and use alcohol disinfection.
Please use the liquid soap and paper towels kept in each of the restrooms, and disinfecting alcohol in the foyer. When you arrive, our staff will request you to sanitize your hands.
- Please wear a mask while at the theatre and observecoughing manners.
Please refrain from entering if you are not wearing a mask.
- Please refrain from chatting in the audience, foyer, etc., or physical contacts with other patrons during the performance.
If other patrons pass in front of you when you are seated, please cooperate to avoid contact.
- Moving seats will be strictly prohibited.
- Please refrain from waiting for the performers at the Stage Door or public places such as the Hatsudai station building or the vicinity.
- When queuing at the box office, the entrance at the time of opening, restroom, or the sales of the program, please line up at least 1 meter apart.
Efforts to prevent infection at the New National Theatre, Tokyo
- To measure body temperature, we will install an infrared thermography machine inside the New National Theatre, Tokyo.
Depending on the result, a patron may be contacted and the temperature may be measured again. Please note that we will not allow patron with body temperature over 37.5 degrees to enter.
- Ventilation will be strengthened.
At the time of opening and during breaks, the doors and window glasses will be opened to enhance the ventilation to take in outside air. The room temperature in the seats may not reach the optimum temperature, so please wear clothes that can handle cold/hot variations.
- The lobby and the seats will open earlier than usual. We will guide you according to each seat block at the time of leaving.
To alleviate congestion, opening time of the lobby and the seats will be as follows.
Opera Palace : The Lobby opens 60 mins / The Seats open 45 mins before the performance.
Play House: The Lobby opens 45 mins / The Seats opens 30 mins before the performance.
The Pit: The Lobby opens 45 mins / The Seats opens 30 mins before the performance.
Also, we will guide you according to each seat block at the time of leaving, so please cooperate.
- Please tear-off the ticket stub yourself.
The staff will visually check the ticket. Please tear off the ticket stub yourself before entering.
- The following services will be closed and unavailable.
-Cloak (please limit your baggage before visiting)
-Rental of opera glasses and blankets
-Shops (The program will be sold)
-Handouts such as leaflets and questionnaires (please pick for yourself if you wish)
-Use of water dispenser
-Installing mouthwash in the restrooms
- Some of the tables and chairs in the lobby will be removed.
- Cleaning will be strengthened.
We will strengthen the cleaning using disinfectant etc. on the places where many patrons can touch, such as doorknobs and handrails.
- We will not accept presents (including bouquets, letters, etc.) for performers.
- The theatre staff will be wearing face shields and masks.
- Health and hygiene management of all parties involved is being done, including daily temperature checks for performers and staff.
Also, nurses are stationed at the New National Theatre, Tokyo from the time of opening to the end of the performance. If you would like to consult a nurse, please contact the staff.
We kindly ask for your understanding and cooperation in the prevention and spread of the COVID-19 infection.