30 Apr - 5 May, 2022 ( 6 Performances )
Running time is 2 hours and 35 mins including 2 intervals
A much-loved repertoire of the National Ballet of Japan. This production, choreographed by Sir Frederic ASHTON, is among the best of many "Cinderella" ballets, and has been performed by the Royal Ballet and other leading ballet companies around the world. It is a valuable repertoire for the National Ballet of Japan, the only ballet company in Japan to have it in its repertoire. The audience will be entranced by this production of Cinderella; the fairies of the four seasons dancing to the music of Sergei PROKOFIEV, the amazing transformation when Cinderella's magic spell wears off at the stroke of midnight and the humorous portrayal of the ugly step-sisters.
[Covid-19] Our Prevention Plan and Request to Our Patrons
The performances will be taking place based on the policies of the Japanese government and the Tokyo Metropolitan government, along with the guideline for the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 infection by the Association of Public Theatres and Halls in Japan.
Please read this page before visiting the theatre.
The wicked stepsisters go to the ball. Cinderella is left to mind the house, and her fairy godmother appears, magically transforming a pumpkin into a carriage to take Cinderella to the ball, where she and the prince fall in love. But suddenly it is midnight, and she must not break her promise to return. Using the shoe she has left behind in her haste as a clue, the prince finds her, and the two live happily ever after.
CREATIVE TEAM & CAST
Choreography by: Sir Frederic ASHTON
Production Directed, Supervised and Staged by: Wendy Ellis SOMES and Malin THOORS
Music by: Sergei PROKOFIEV
Set and Costume Designer: David WALKER
Lighting Designer: SAWADA Yuji
Conductor: Martin YATES
Orchestra: Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra
- CREATIVE TEAM
Sir Frederic ASHTONProduction Directed, Supervised and Staged by
Wendy Ellis SOMES and Malin THOORSSet and Costume Designer
David WALKERLighting Designer
Booking Opens: Sat, 26 Mar 2022, 10:00am
*The tickets will be sold for all seats as normal (except the seats in rows 1-2 on the 1st Floor).
Booking Z seats (Day tickets) 1,650 yen
- You are able to purchase Z seat tickets online from 10:00 am. Click "BUY TICKETS" next to "Z" under each performance information.
- There is a handling charge of ¥330 (incl. tax).
- Only when seats allocated as Z seat are still available 2 hours before the show starts, you are able to purchase these tickets at the Box Office of the theatre.
- Note that all Z seats are on a first come, first served basis and will come with restricted views.
Under 15s discounts and Z seats (Day Tickets) are available online. Other types of discount tickets are not available online. Please inquire at the Box Office or by telephone.
*Please note that further changes or cancellations may be required as the coronavirus situation develops or to comply with requests from the Government.
- No admittance to children under 4. Each child older than this age requires a ticket for entry, even when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Tickets may not be changed or refunded except following conditions.
- When the performance is cancelled.
- In case you correspond to the conditions as mentioned on this page
- If you choose not to attend the performance due to prevent infection.
Please be sure to call the New National Theatre, Tokyo Box Office in advance.
At that point, we will tell you the Refund method.
- A special discount price is available for disabled guests. Please inquire at the Box Office for details.
- Users of wheelchairs are requested to contact the Box Office.
- Please note that cast change may be required depending on the situation.