Così fan tutte
Music by Wolfgang Amadeus MOZART
Opera in 2 Acts
Sung in Italian with English and Japanese surtitles
18 Mar. - 24 Mar., 2020 ( 4 Performances )
Running time is approx. 3 hours 25 mins including an interval
This famous work by Wolfgang Amadeus MOZART makes up part of the "Lorenzo Da Ponte trilogy", together with "Le Nozze di Figaro" and "Don Giovanni". The title means "all women are like that". The work is said to have been commissioned by Joseph II, the Holy Roman Emperor, based on a line spoken by Basilio in "Le Nozze di Figaro". When it premiered in Vienna, it was such a success that the encores doubled the performance time. Today, it is recognised for its true value as a masterpiece by MOZART, a youthful romantic comedy that shows the subtleties of male and female emotions, human nature and foolishness through incisive human insight, interwoven by beautiful music. The elegant ensemble is the pinnacle of MOZART's operas, with vocal duets, trios, quartets and quintets providing a balanced representation of subtle emotions.
Directed by Damiano MICHIELETTO who is in high demand at opera houses around the world, this production premiered in May 2011, set in a modern camping ground. This new and relevant development of "Camping Così" has won over audiences and become a major talking point. Set in a dense forest full of huge trees and the wafting smell of moss, the conspicuous modernity and playfulness of the colourful costumes and props make the thoroughly realistic stage design a major highlight. This will be an enjoyable production, with the ensemble under the masterful Paolo OLMI featuring the prominent Eleonora BURATTO, as well as Anna GORYACHOVA and Simone ALBERGHINI, all active at the Zürich Opera House.
The officers Guglielmo and Ferrando are engaged to the beautiful sisters Fiordiligi and Dorabella, respectively. Persuaded by the wise old philosopher Don Alfonso, the two officers decide to test the fidelity of their sweethearts. They pretend that they have been ordered away by their regiment and bid the sisters a false farewell.
Later, disguised as Albanians, the two men court Fiordiligi and Dorabella passionately. The two girls weaken little by little to the Albanians' various advances. First, Dorabella yields to her sister's fiancé Guglielmo, and finally, Fiordiligi also succumbs to Ferrando after much resistance.
When a double wedding for the two new couples is being arranged, a military march suddenly signals the return of the army.
CREATIVE TEAM & CAST
- CREATIVE TEAM
Renato DOLCINIDon Alfonso
Booking Opens: 2019 Nov 10 (Sun) 10:00
*Booking Z seats (Day tickets) 1,650 yen
- You are able to purchase Z seat tickets online from 10:00 am to 11:00 am. Click "BUY TICKETS" next to "Z" under each performance information.
- There is a handling charge of ¥330 (incl. tax).
- Only when seats allocated as Z seat are still available at 11:00 am, you are able to purchase these tickets at the Box Office of the theatre.
- Note that all Z seats are on a first come, first served basis and will come with restricted views.
Under 15s discounts and Z seats (Day Tickets) are available online. Other types of discount tickets are not available online. Please inquire at the Box Office or by telephone.
- No admittance to pre-school children. Each child older than this age requires a ticket for entry, even when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Tickets may not be changed or refunded except in the case of a cancelled performance.
- A special discount price is available for disabled guests. Please inquire at the Box Office for details.
- Users of wheelchairs are requested to contact the Box Office.
- Preferred seats may not be available on the first day of ticket sales.