Evacuation from The Pit
This theatre is designed to withstand a major earthquake, and is structurally fire resistant. In the event of an earthquake or the issuing of a J-Alert, please remain seated if in the auditorium, and please crouch on the floor if in the lobby. For good measure, please stay well away from any windows. Please evacuate upon a fire, following staff instructions.
Evacuation from the Pit
Go out to the alley around the pond in front of the Pit.
If the performance is discontinued
- The lights will come on in the auditorium if a performance is discontinued. In the case of an earthquake, please remain seated until the shaking has subsided. In the case of strong quaking, please be aware of the falling objects.
- Staff will provide instructions once the situation has been ascertained.
- Please remain seated until staff issue instructions.
In the case of evacuation following a fire
- Staff will announce the commencement of evacuation.
- Please exit the building, following staff guidance.
Points to note when evacuating
- Please calmly leave through the exit indicated.
- Please keep your ticket with you and make sure you will not lose it.