BALLET ASTERAS 2016 ~ Inviting Japanese Dancers from Overseas ~ Open Call for Dancers 【Application closed】
Name of Production
Programme for Nurturing Upcoming Artists of the Next Generation (2016) commissioned by the Agency of Cultural Affairs
Ballet Asteras 2016~Inviting Japanese Dancers from Overseas~
Date of Performance
* You must be a professional dancer performing overseas holding Japanese nationality or permanent residency status in Japan.
* Please inform us when applying if you have a plan to perform in another gala performance(s), etc. before or after the abovementioned date of performance.
Please select 3 entry pieces mainly from classical works, out of which 1 piece will be assigned after screening.
Each piece should be approximately 10 minutes in length (7 minutes in case of a contemporary work).
* Please make sure to obtain any and all performing rights required if necessary.
* Please find your own partner if necessary (your partner can be of any nationality).
How to Apply
1) The Application Form (email submission accepted)<
* Please download and fill in the form and send it to the Submitting Address stated below.
CLICK (PowerPoint file for email submission)
2) Programme(s) or flyer(s) of past production(s) you have performed in (photocopy accepted)
3) A recommendation from your company or a reference letter from a practitioner in the field of ballet
4) Stage photo(s) (email submission accepted)
* Please specify the name of production and the name of photographer. ★ They will be listed in the programme in case you are cast.
5) A video footage of a production in which you performed (private video accepted), in the form of DVD or an electronic file attached to an email.
* Please send a video of a piece you have selected as an entry piece if possible (in case of classical work).
* You may send a video of a contemporary work only if it is a piece you have selected as an entry piece.
* The video must have been filmed within past 2 years featuring yourself (please specify the name of piece and the date of filming).
6) A document certifying that you hold Japanese nationality or permanent residency status in Japan.
A performance fee will be paid to the successful applicant (and his/her partner) Note: The applicant must be responsible for any and all necessary expenses related to transportation, accommodation, costume, royalty for use of music and/or choreography, etc.