KIMURA Yuri was born in Chiba prefecture. She trained under IZUMI Keiko, IZUMI Atsuko and MAKI Asami. After training as preparatory student for 2011-2012, she enrolled at the New National Theatre Ballet School in 2013. She participated in the 240th Aniversary of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy International Ballet School Festival and danced Triptyque in Grand Kremlin Palace in 2013. At the New National Theatre Ballet School, she danced the Black Swan pas de deux in Swan Lake in 2013, the Paquita grand pas classique in Paquita in 2014. At the Travailler pour Etoile in 2015, she danced as Princess Aurora in the Sleeping Beauty. She joined the National Ballet of Japan as Soloist in 2015. She made her debut as leading role in MAKI Asami's The Nutcracker and since then has danced leading roles in various productions one after another including Don Quixote, Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, Giselle .
Repertoire with NBJ includes
- MAKI Asami's productions: The Nutcracker (Sugar Plum Fairy), Swan Lake(Ruskaya)
- OHARA Noriko's production: Ballet for Children Swan Lake (Odette/Odile)
- Wayne EAGLING's production: The Sleeping Beauty (Princess Aurora, The Lilac Fairy)
- Konstantin SERGEYEV's production: Giselle (title role)
- Alexei FADEECHEV's production: Don Quixote (Kitri)
- OGURA Sachiko's production: Snow White (title role)