WATANABE Atau was born in Kanagawa Prefecture and trained under TACHIBANA Shizuko, TANAKA Yoko, Lisa PAVANE and LI Cunxin. She studied at TACHIBANA Shizuko Ballet School, Ballet Studio DUO and the Australian Ballet School. She won first prize at the Valenciennes International Ballet Competition and attended the Finals of 2011 Youth America Grand Prix in New York City. She joined the Queensland Ballet and then joined the National Ballet of Japan as Soloist in 2017.
Wayne EAGLING's productions: The Sleeping Beauty (Carabosse)
Repertoire with NBJ includes
- Wayne EAGLING's productions: The Sleeping Beauty (Carabosse), The Nutcracker and the Mouse King (Spanish, Arabian)
- MAKI Asami's productions: Swan Lake (Four big swans, Spanish), La Bayadère (Gamzatti)
- Frederick ASHTON: Cinderella (Fairy Summer)
- David BINTLEY: Aladdin (Silver)
- OGURA Sachiko: Cinderella (Sisters)