演者と観客が同じ時間を生きている、それが演劇のおもしろさ角野 卓造 俳優
Interesting thing about theatre is both performers and audience
live in the same momentKADONO Takuzo
- My name is KADONO Takuzo. Congratulations on the 20th anniversary of the New National Theatre.
- 【First encounter with the New National Theatre】
- It was the ‘Tokyo Trial Trilogy’. I had heard a lot of good things about how the rehearsal space and the facilities were the best in Japan, but until I was asked to take part in the play, I had felt the things I have heard had nothing to do with me. So I was happy to be asked.
- 【Impression of the first visit to the Theatre】
- The things I have heard was true. I was amazed at the facilities of the rehearsal room. The entire set could be built in the room, and even then there was still plenty of space. Someone could be practicing a song in one room with a piano, while others were learning lines in another. There is even a courtyard to breathe fresh air. You come across girls from the ballet company on your way to the rehearsal room; it is certainly an interesting place.
- 【Appearing in ‘Tokyo Trial Trilogy’】
- What was most surprising was that we could use the stage for more than a week before opening night. Usually, we can’t do that until the dress rehearsal, so being able to rehearse the real thing on stage for a whole week was a real luxury.
- 【Relationship with the New National Theatre】
- After appearing in all three trilogy, I’ve been well acquainted with most of the theatre staff. For instance, because there were songs in the play, I got to know the sound crew rather well. So whenever I come to see someone else’s play and visit the dressing room, there are so many staff and crew I say ‘Hello’ to. There’s a strong feeling of friendliness at the Theatre.
- 【Role of the theatre】
- For me, the interesting thing about theatre is that it’s a place where a lot of people gather and share apace and time; both performers and audience live in the same moment. We are breathing the same air and when those breaths harmonize, we are sharing a special moment together. You may experience this feeling at sports and live music venues as well.