新国立劇場の思い出酒井 はな バレエダンサー
Memories of performing at the New National TheatreSAKAI Hana Former Principal Dancer of the National Ballet of Japan
- I’m SAKAI Hana. Congratulations to the New National Theatre on your 20th anniversary!
- 【The most memorable event】
- It’s hard to choose just one, but the one that comes to my mind first of all is “The Sleeping Beauty” which was one of the NNTT Opening Series. I was very happy to be present at the birth of this theatre, just as if I were present at the birth of Princess Aurora. To have been with the dancers from Kiev, to have learnt everything from them (they even said “We have given everything we possibly can”), and to have been able to perform as Princess Aurora without any worries thanks to them; these are such wonderful memories. Having been able to dance in Kenneth MacMillan’s “Manon” and “Romeo and Juliet” are also particularly memorable.
- 【Moments that makes me happy as a dancer】
- Getting to learn great works of ballet and being able to dance at the leading theatres makes me genuinely happy. I am very fortunate for having been given the chance to work together with the top composers and choreographers of the world.
- 【Memorable people】
- I adored the conductor, the late Maestro Viktor Fedotov. During the dress rehearsal, he used to take a photo of me, waved and called out “Hana-san!” from the orchestra pit. When I took the curtain call, we always made eye contact. Those are the moments I will always remember.