五十嵐先生が「思いっきりやりなさい」と声をかけてくださいました砂川 涼子 ソプラノ歌手
“Just give it everything you’ve got.”These words by the Artistic Directormade all the differenceSUNAKAWA Ryoko Soprano
- My name is SUNAKAWA Ryoko. Congratulations for the 20th Anniversary to the New National Theatre.
- 【Most memorable performance】
- My debut role at this Opera House was Liu in “Turandot”. After several auditions, I was given this wonderful opportunity and I remember feeling quite nervous about it. But then the Artistic Director IGARASHI Kiyoshi came to me and said, “Just give it everything you’ve got.” I did not have much chance to speak to him, but that one phrase changed my attitude altogether. I was determined to sing with the very best of my ability and managed to make a good start.
- 【What does the New National Theatre mean to me】
- As many guest performers come here from all over the world, this helps me to feel a cosmopolitan atmosphere while still in Japan. It’s such a precious experience to rehearse with these performers of world class and being inspired by them in many ways. So for me, it’s a really wonderful place.
- 【Hopes for the 2017/2018 production of “Les Contes de Hoffmann”】
- This will be my third time playing in this production, and I still remember the gorgeous staging which was very impressive. I also remember feeling honoured to share the stage with some big names, and I’m grateful to be performing with a fantastic cast again. I hope to cherish what I feel from the music and be in the best condition before the curtain opens.
- 【The attraction of opera】
- Rather than trying to present reality, opera expresses a world of imagination through the voices of the singers. I think the attraction of opera lies in the beauty that strikes the audience’s emotions while steeped in that imaginative world.