TERAI Nanami was born in Aichi Prefecture and trained under Ludmila KOVALEVA, Altynai ASYLMURATOVA and Vladimir MALAKHOV.
She studied at Matsumoto Michiko Ballet, Vaganova Ballet Academy, Berlin State Ballet. She won second prize at the the Vaganova Prix International Ballet Competition.
She joined the National Ballet of Japan as Soloist in 2015.
Repertoire with NBJ includes
- MAKI Asami's production: The Nutcracker (Arabia)
- Alexei FADEECHEV's production:Don Quixote (Boléro)
- Wayne EAGLING's production: The Sleeping Beauty (Fairy Grâce)
- Konstantin SERGEYEV's production: Giselle (Deux willis Monna)
- David BINTLEY: Aladdin (Gold and Silver)