Performed in Japanese
Running time is to be announced
Written in 2001 as part of the "The Age and Memory" series, "Yume no Sakeme" was followed by "Yume no Namida" in 2003 and "Yume no Kasabuta" in 2006 to form the "Tokyo Trial" trilogy, questioning the Tokyo Trial and the truth of the war, based on the lives of everyday people on the street. Later, the complete trilogy was performed in sequence in 2010 under the theme of "why do we go to war?". It received high acclaim as a work that re-examines what it means to be Japanese today, portraying memories that should not be allowed to fade and the relationship between the state and the people.
As the New National Theatre Tokyo celebrates its 20th anniversary this Season, this work will be performed as an asset of the theatre to be passed on. It is presented with almost entirely new cast, with DANTA Yasunori appearing in the leading role as the picture-story showman, an everyday person caught up in the historic trial. This new showing of "Yume no Sakeme" is a comedy with unique INOUE humour, packed to the hilt with laughter and music.
Written INOUE Hisashi
Directed KURIYAMA Tamiya 1
DANTA Yasunori 2
YUDUKI Fuka 3
HOSAKA Chizu 4
KIBA Katsumi 5
TAKADA Shoko 6
YOSHIZAWA Rie 7
KAMIYAMA Ryuji 8
TAMAOKI Reo 9
SATO Chikau 10
Saturday, 7th April 2018, 10:00 am (GMT+8:00)
The New National Theatre,
Tokyo Box Office:
10:00 - 18:00
Tickets are sold via the website of PIA Corporation.
- Concession Prices (students, juniors, seniors, groups)
- Under 15s discounts are available online. Other types of discount tickets are not available online. Please inquire at the Box Office or by telephone. (+81-(0)3-5352-9999 10:00 - 18:00)
Booking Z seats (Day Tickets) 1,620 yen
- Z seats are available at the Box Office from 10:00 a.m. on the day of the performance. One ticket per person. Telephone bookings are not accepted.
- No admittance to pre-school children. Each child older than this age requires a ticket for entry, even when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Tickets may not be changed or refunded except in the case of a cancelled performance.
- A special discount price is available for disabled guests. Please inquire at the Box Office for details.
- Users of wheelchairs are requested to contact the Box Office before coming to the theatre.
- Preferred seats may not be available on the first day of ticket sales or times when the operators are busy.