Performed in Japanese
May - Jun. 2018
Running time is to be announced
The New National Theatre Tokyo has been the talk of the theatrical world with its handling of Shakespeare's historical plays, including "Henry VI" in 2009 and "Richard III" in 2012, as well as the success of its presentation of the "Henry VI" trilogy. Last season, we opened with the new two-part work "Henry IV" and the buzz this production created is still fresh in our minds.
We continue the series with the much-anticipated "Henry V". This piece vividly portrays Henry V, newly-crowned at the end of the previous play, solidifying his internal administration, campaigning into neighbouring France and taking the spoils of battle. While not that often performed in Japan, this hidden gem is a very popular work in its native United Kingdom, where it has been performed time after time by prominent actors and even made into a film.
URAI Kenji, who played the leading role in the previous play, will return as the new king, with a full line-up of staff and cast under the direction of UYAMA Hitoshi.
Written William SHAKESPEARE
Translated ODASHIMA Yushi
Directed UYAMA Hitoshi 1
URAI Kenji 2
OKAMOTO Kenichi 3
NAKAJIMA Tomoko 4
Saturday, 3rd March 2018, 10:00 am (GMT+9:00)
The New National Theatre,
Tokyo Box Office:
10:00 - 18:00
Tickets are sold via the website of PIA Corporation.
- Concession Prices (students, juniors, seniors, groups)
- Under 15s discounts are available online. Other types of discount tickets are not available online. Please inquire at the Box Office or by telephone. (+81-(0)3-5352-9999 10:00 - 18:00)
Booking Z seats (Day Tickets) 1,620 yen
- Z seats are available at the Box Office from 10:00 a.m. on the day of the performance. One ticket per person. Telephone bookings are not accepted.
- No admittance to pre-school children. Each child older than this age requires a ticket for entry, even when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Tickets may not be changed or refunded except in the case of a cancelled performance.
- A special discount price is available for disabled guests. Please inquire at the Box Office for details.
- Users of wheelchairs are requested to contact the Box Office before coming to the theatre.
- Preferred seats may not be available on the first day of ticket sales or times when the operators are busy.