BALLET ASTERAS 2018 ~ Inviting Japanese Dancers from Overseas ~ Open Call for Dancers (application deadline: 26 Mar. 2018)
Name of Production
Programme for Nurturing Upcoming Artists of the Next Generation (2018) commissioned by the Agency of Cultural Affairs
Ballet Asteras 2018 ~Inviting Japanese Dancers from Overseas~
Date of Performance (provisional)
A gala performance mainly featuring classical works (with an orchestra)
Conductor: Paul MURPHYOrchestra: Tokyo Orchestra MIRAI
Applicant must be a young professional Japanese dancer performing in a foreign ballet company
* You must be a professional dancer performing overseas holding Japanese nationality or permanent residency status in Japan.
* Please inform us when applying if you have a plan to perform in another gala performance(s), etc. before or after the abovementioned date of performance.
Please select 3 entry pieces mainly from classical works, out of which 1 piece will be assigned after screening.
* Each piece should be approximately 10 minutes in length (7 minutes in case of contemporary work).
* Please make sure to obtain any and all performing rights required if necessary.
* Please find your own partner if necessary (your partner can be of any nationality).
How to Apply
1) The Application Form
You can download the form from our website.
Please attach your photo taken within past 2 months, which will be used for publicity purposes in case you are in the cast.
2) Programme(s) or flyer(s) of past production(s) you have performed in (photocopy accepted)
3) Stage photo(s)
Please specify the name of production and photographer. The photo(s) will be used for publicity purposes in case you are in the cast.
4) A video footage of a piece you have performed
The video must feature yourself performing. Please specify the name of the piece and the date of filming.
Please make sure we can see your performance clearly (the footage is used for screening).
Private video shot with a video camera, smart phone, etc. is accepted. Studio shot video is also accepted.
* The video must have been filmed within the past 2 years.
* If you choose a classical work, it is preferred to be one of your entry pieces.
* If you choose a contemporary work, it must be one of your entry pieces.
5) A document certifying that you hold Japanese nationality or permanent residency status in Japan.
Ballet Asteras, NNT Ballet School, 1-1-1 Hon-machi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0071, Japan
Application must arrive by Monday 26 March 2018
* If you cannot apply by the closing date due to certain reasons of your company, etc., please inform us in advance.
A performance fee (Ballet Asteras standard fee) will be paid to the successful applicant and his/her partner
* The applicant must be responsible for any and all necessary expenses related to transportation, accommodation, costume, royalty for use of music and/or choreography, etc.
* The production is planned to be a Programme for Nurturing Upcoming Artists of the Next Generation (2018) commissioned by the Agency of Cultural Affairs (application under process)
For further information, please contact
NNT BALLET SCHOOL
Phone: 03-5351-3011 (switchboard)